Science Center and Technology Museum "NOESIS"
The Center is a direct descendant of the Technical Museum of Thessaloniki. Since November 2004, it has operated in a privately-owned, brand-new 15,000 sq.m. building, located in the greater Thermi area, whose morphology refers to the lever of Archimedes (3d century B.C.). The Center aims to become a leading attraction in the field of Science Culture and Technology not only in Greece, but in South-Eastern Europe as well.
The main objective of the Center is the popularization of modern knowledge and its dissemination to the public through exhibitions, movies, seminars and lectures. The brand name of the Center intends to emphasize the connection between its operation and human noesis, since the intention of its founders was to make scientific knowledge available to everybody.
In the Center`s premises visitors see, understand, act and assume roles, intervening in the learning process through:
- Shows in the:
- 150-seat digital Planetarium.
- 300-seat Cosmotheatre with the largest flat screen in Greece (17m x 23m) in 2-D large film format (IMAX) and 3-D digital cinema projection.
- Virtual reality motion Simulator.
- Educational programs.
- Meetings and discussions with members of the scientific community.
- Exhibitions with topics related to Science and Technology, including:
- Technology of Transportation featuring car models that mark the history of automobile.
- Technopark featuring interacting exhibits.
- Ancient Greek Technology featuring copies of ancient Greek machines.
- Technology of Image featruring a collection of old and new cameras (currently under construction).
All the above and many more activities contribute not only to the attractive, direct and effective transfer of knowledge but also to the exchange of information, ideas and experiences.
Moreover the 200-seat Amphitheater, equipped with up-to-date audiovisual and translation systems, 5 more halls with 10- to 100-seat capacity and the audience rooms of the Planetarium and the Cosmotheater allow the use of the Institution`s premises as a Conference Center for the organization of conferences, seminars, lectures and other cultural events. Finally the Center has a café and restaurant with an excellent view to the city, and a shop selling educational books, specialized editions and souvenirs.
Make sure you check our schedule before visiting!
LocationOur Science Center is located in the eastern part of Thessaloniki, 12 kilometers from the city center, with a direction towards "Halkidiki". We are directly opossite the town's biggest shopping mall "Meditarranean Cosmos". If you are arriving by car, follow the brown road signs labeled "Noesis".
Our address is:
6Th Km. Thessaloniki - Thermi Road,
57001, Thermi, Thessaloniki, Greece
Find us on Google Maps
Contact us at:
Tel: +30-2310-483 000 Fax: +30-2310-483 020
OR Send us your query by email