For students of the fourth grade of primary school up to the first grade of gymnasium
Level 1: We know drones and their applications
Drones or in the Greek “Unmanned Aircraft Systems” are one of the fastest growing branches of technology. Their applications are very many and are constantly increasing as they evolve. The training program “Acquaintance with Drones 1 – Silver Wings” is an innovative program, which is being implemented for the first time in Greece. Using special drones as an educational tool, we teach basic skills and knowledge to children 10-13 years old (D’ Elementary – A’ Gymnasium).
In terms of technical knowledge, children:
• Learn concepts of physics and engineering, related to the flying capability of drones.
• Learn basic facts about the legal framework, which governs the use of drones in Greece by the Civil Aviation Authority.
• Learn how to operate a drone through a series of precision, speed and craftsmanship tests>
• Learn to plan, designing and executing a flight plan based on a scenario.
In terms of general skills, the programme focuses on the basic skills of the 21st century. Children learn how to communicate and collaborate in small groups to identify and solve problems. They are also encouraged to utilize the personal element of each team member, inventing a solution different from those of the other groups.
Of course, all of the above is based on one key pillar: the game. Drones are the right tool to give children all the above skills and knowledge, without having to teach them, as long as we play.
Dates: Sunday 30/4, 7/5, 14/5/2023
Time: 17:00 – 18:30
For registrations (only electronically) click here.
The organization of the content and the execution of the program is by Christos Liampas, Electrical and Computer Engineer, Master of Robotics and Drones.
Procedure for securing participation
1. Completing the online application form.
2. Payment methods:
– Electronic payment. All debit / credit cards VISA, Mastercard are accepted.
– Filling in the form at NOESIS, depending on availability and payment at the cashier during its opening hours (Tuesday to Friday 9:00 – 15:00, Saturday 11:30 – 18:00, Sunday 11:30 – 18:00).
3. Ensuring final participation:
The final participation in the program is ensured by the payment of the participation amount and the receipt of a confirmation email.
Telephone: 2310 483 000, ext. 140 (Tuesday – Friday, 10.00 – 14.00)