Anniversary online event for the 200 years since the beginning of the Greek Revolution 1821
“From the plate and the screen to the screen and the keyboard”
Saturday 20 March 2021
The Regional Directorate of Primary & Secondary Education of Central Macedonia, in collaboration with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th PE.K.ES. Of Central Macedonia and NOISIS – Center for Dissemination of Sciences and Museum of Technology, organize an anniversary event to participate in the national celebration of the 200th anniversary of the beginning of the Revolution of 1821.
The event will be attended, following a call for expressions of interest, by school units, individual classes, groups of students and their teachers or partnerships between schools under the jurisdiction of the Regional Directorate of Education of Central Macedonia. In particular, the event will be open to students of schools of all levels and types of education (Preschool, Primary, Secondary education, General, Vocational education and Special Education) of the regional units of Thessaloniki, Imathia, Kilkis, Pella, Pier, Serres and Halkidiki, with works that they will have prepared themselves. Greek school units abroad will also be given the opportunity to participate, provided there is relevant interest. The event will take place at no cost to the public.
The procedures of the festive event (planning, organization, implementation, publicity) will be implemented under the responsibility of the Regional Directorate of Primary and Secondary Education of Central Macedonia and, in particular, of the Organizing Committee and Scientific Committees established for this purpose.
The main purposes of the event are:
• To highlight the multifaceted and important contribution of education to the Greek Liberation Struggle and to the shaping of the history of the Greek state.
• To give the students the opportunity to participate in the celebration of the 200 years since the revolution of 1821, to articulate and submit their opinion regarding their own way of looking at and perceiving the past.
In terms of topics, the aim is for the works of students to highlight aspects and aspects of the education of the Greek state over time, starting with the Struggle of Polygenesis and the establishment of the first free Greek state, until today’s education. The deadline for completing the form and submitting the abstract and the full paper is February 19, 2021.
For the full text of the announcement – invitation to participate in the event, click here.
1. Summary of the work, click here.
2. Responsible parent-guardian consent statement, click here.
3. Responsible statement of consent of an adult student, click here.
4. Responsible teacher consent statement, click here.
5. Certificate from the school Principal, click here.
6. Document on the Update of Personal Data Subjects, click here.