• You can watch an astronomy show at the Planetarium, a large format film or 3D movie in the Cosmotheater or do a ride show at the motion Simulator. In these attractions you may find a show suited to your personal or your friends / family interests.
You may also visit the Museum of Technology
In which you will find three permanent exhibitions:
The Classic Cars exhibition featuring cars classified as “milestones” of automotive technology. Meet special exhibits to compare the trends of the past with current or future designs.
The Technopark. A hands-on area for all. The visitor takes part in an interactive journey of the world of Physics. Everyday life experiments and examples from electricity to magnetism, mechanics, optics etc. A fun adventure to begin with.
The Ancient Greek Technology exhibition – Samples of technological innovations and works of Ancient Greek inventors. Reconstructions based on written evidence of the everyday life, constructions, naval engineering, measurements etc.
ALL EXHIBITIONS AND SHOWS AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE WITH AUDIO GUIDE, PHONE APPLICATION OR HEADPHONES. Ask for availability at the reception before buying your tickets.
Entry terms and conditions at NOESIS
Entry in the Planetarium and Cosmotheater is admitted to children aboce 5 years old. In the Motion Simulator –for safety reasons- no children below 120cm in height can be admitted. Children without the companion of adults are accepted if above 12 years old.
• Have your coffee or lunch in the Planetarium Barestau restaurant area
• Visit our gift shop
How can I get to Noesis?
• By Car:
Noesis resides in the east side of Thessaloniki in the borough of Thermi. It is located in the national road to Halkidiki, right above the Mediterranean Cosmos shopping mall. Entry to the NOESIS building is provided by following the signs back to Thessaloniki, under the bridge following the brown colored signs “NOESIS”. Free parking is available on site.
• By bus:
Bus Number 66 stop at “Zoni Kenotomias” Please see more at website of the bus services provider of Thessaloniki (OASTH).
• Also Buses with Numbers 36, 36Β, 36Ε, 36Κ, 36Ρ, 36Υ, 36Ζ, serve the area.
When is Noesis open and what are the prices?
Noesis is in operation from Tuesdays to Sundays throughout the year. From Tuesday to Friday, it is normal to expect school groups and long queues, so weekends are better for visitors and families. For more information, shows schedule and pricing please refer to the our respective schedule web page…. (Please look for the English text and PDF file attached with show times and prices).
Every Monday, January 1st, Easter break (Friday to Monday) Christmas day and a week in August (usually the second week of August). To be announced every year.
A few words about Noesis – FACTS
The Science Center and Technology Museum “NOESIS” is a welfare, non-profit cultural and educational foundation that promotes Technology Culture and creates an appropriate environment for informing the public of the latest developments in Science and Technology. It operates in a privately-owned, brand-new 15,000 sq.m. building, located at Thermi area, whose design refers to the lever of Archimedes. The brand name of the Center intends to emphasize the connection between its operation and human intellect (noesis).
In the Center’s premises visitors see, understand, act and assume roles, intervening in the learning process through:
– Shows in the 160-seat digital Planetarium, with an 18m diameter dome. The Planetarium has been recently upgraded with a modern projection system, a dome screen extension and a system with wireless headphones that transmits the narration in 2 languages.
– 2D and 3D films in the 300-seat Cosmotheater with a 17×23 m flat screen and a system with wireless headphones that transmits the narration in 2 languages.
– 2D and 3D shows in the Virtual Reality Simulator, with 18 seats that move in 6 axes.
– Exhibitions with topics related to Science and Technology:
1. The “Automobile Technology Exhibition”, featuring car models that marked the history of automobile. The exhibition consists of 5 main thematic areas, based on 5 top car models of the 20th century: mass production, city and environment, technological advances, design and society and speed.
2. The “Technopark”, featuring interactive, hands-on exhibits. The visitor has the opportunity to discover scientific knowledge and have fun.
3. The “Ancient Greek Technology”, one of its kind, refers to the period from prehistoric to the Hellenistic and Byzantine era. The exhibition features more than 70 exact replicas of mechanisms that have marked people’s lives and set the cultural context.
4. The “Image and Sound”, featuring the technology of photography, radio and television (currently under study).
All the exhibitions are complemented with a personal audio tour guide system.
– The Temporary Exhibition Hall, a place suitable to host exhibitions from other museums and cultural organizations from Greece and abroad.
– The Library, with relevant books, DVDs and computer working stations (1Gb internet).
– The Digital Lab, a place where multimedia productions and 3D animations can be created in-house (about to be completed).
– Educational programs, such as “Magic of Science”, “Science in your Kitchen?” and “Pressure”.
– Meetings and discussions with members of the scientific community.
– The 200-seat Amphitheater, equipped with up-to-date audiovisual and translation systems. The latter, combined with the audience halls of the Planetarium, the Cosmotheater and the Temporary Exhibition Hall allow the use of the premises of the foundation as a Conference Center. Finally, the foundation houses a Cafe and Restaurant with an excellent view to the city and a Gift Shop selling educational books, specialized editions and souvenirs.